Sunday, April 4, 2010

Choosing a Craft, Part 1 .... Expense

There are a lot of different things you need to think of before you dig into a craft the biggest one for me is the expense!
You always have the obvious costs in a craft that you think about right away but there are generally a lot of "hidden" costs involved or things you just didn't think about. like tools you need for a wire project, or the electricity to run a soldering iron ... not to mention constantly replacing the tips. Research on this part it literally pays off. there are so many places to find tools and materials, it's just a matter of spending the hard time researching it all to find the best deals. And believe me there is a big difference in prices out there. Quantity can play it's role as well, some sites give you a better price the more you buy. which can be great for some but for others ... what are you going to do with 5,000 googly eyes. When I review a craft or project i will always breakdown the cost to make the item or items. If you know of any websites or stores that have good prices on the particular craft or project I'm reviewing please chime in! your comments are greatly appreciated.

Thanks for stopping by, I hope I can help you become One Crafty Mama
Tiffany

3 comments:

  1. Great advice CraftyMama! I might add that people should remember to include the cost of items and tools they already own, especially when considering selling your wares. The wear and tear on your personal paper trimmer needs to be taken into account!

    ReplyDelete
  2. for sure! There are so many "hidden costs" in all crafts. I hope I can mention most of them as I go through each craft.

    ReplyDelete
  3. TAG YOUR IT! Head over to my blog to find out what "it" is! http://scrapbookingforbusymoms.blogspot.com/2010/05/8x8-come-ride-with-me.html

    ReplyDelete